Welcome to Books & Beyond!

This year Parker’s book club is going “beyond bagels” to meet the needs of students who cannot make before school meetings. The meetings will take place during lunch, but conversations about what we are reading will not be limited to that time. Using this blog will enable us to share our thoughts about the book as we are reading.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Getting started.....

This weekend I started Monsoon Summer. I already love Jazz and am intrigued by the amazingly successful business she has with Steve. I have to admit that I'm not really sure what they do, however. As a teenager, I'm not sure how I would have felt leaving my friends for the summer. I think I would have protested a lot more than she seems to have. Jazz goes along with the family decision a little more easily than any teenager I know. It makes me wonder how teens will identify with her.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this book so far! I think if I were Jazz I would be excited to go to India, but I would also be disappoited to leave my friends. I like reading about India because it's so different than here.

    ReplyDelete